You will have gathered a lot of expensive specialist equipment to help deliver a first class, professional service.
Like most small businesses, your days are taken up working and your evenings and weekends are swallowed with admin and maintenance.
You do not need problems that disrupt your business and income, so it’s a good idea to buy cost-effective gardeners insurance that triggers when an issue arises that could stop you working.
Whether you are a sole trader, partnership or company, insurance offers a financial cushion to protect your business and your investment.
What business insurance covers
Even if you are self-employed and work alone, commercial insurance can shield you, your business and your home from paying out on expensive claims if things go wrong.
If you are a start-up business or renewing existing insurance, here are some important things to consider:
- Public liability – Covers injury to a customer or passer-by or damage to their property, including if they visit your business premises or home office.
- Employers liability – Businesses who employ part-time or full time staff need this cover by law for claims from workers who are injured or contract a work-related illness
- Cars and vans – Commercial cover for business use of vehicles is a must
- Plant and tools – Replaces lost, stolen or damaged tools and equipment
- Loss of income – Personal insurance for self-employed gardeners, landscape gardeners and tree surgeons who work alone or as part of a small team. Income replacement insurance pays the bills if someone can’t work for a prolonged period through accident or sickness.
- Business premises – Looks after industrial units or working from home. Standard home insurance will not pay out for stock, tools or other business equipment kept in a shed, garage or a home office.
How to find business insurance
Many insurance companies offer business insurance through a specialist commercial department, but because packages are tailored to the needs of a specific business, try a broker like Quoteline Direct to find the right cover at the best price.
Brokers can save a business time searching for the right policy, can hook in to special deals and will have contacts with insurers who want to offer insurance to gardeners, landscape gardeners and tree surgeons.